Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It is Spring Break Week, a time for self reflection.

I was holed up at Sarah's desk yesterday; just Tasha, Marilynn and I hanging out in the office. In between being hard at work on different projects, we had our little watercooler chit-chats. The exception was that Tasha had a new quote that she could not stop imparting on us, laughing every single time she mentioned it. Please Tasha, no more about Peter!!!! Yet, I still blog about the guy because... it was a life lesson for Tasha and we could all benefit from listening to it.

"What does that have to do with you Peter?"



Maybe it was not such a bad thing that it was scarred in my brain. The lesson behind the quote is that in the Bible, Peter kept sticking his nose into other people's business. The disciples told Peter, "Stop! You are causing yourself undo stress and it is not good for you or anyone else!" So basically, that is what Tasha - and everyone around her - learned.

You will be more effective at work and home. You will be more focused on what YOU can do. And you will be happy forever. I hope I don't have it stuck in my brain forever, but I hope the idea will serve me for the rest of my life....

Thanks Tasha.



-Eric

No comments: